DaviesBaird Pty Ltd a 128 year old foundry business returns to 100% Australian ownership.
Effective the 18th of November 2011 CastCorp Pty Ltd took control of the
Davies & Baird, Coburg Foundry from the Flowserve Corporation, this returned the company to Australian ownership after 42 years of foreign control.
Davies & Baird commenced operations in 1883 in Brunswick and family ownership was retained for 80 years until 1962, when the foundry was acquired by Thompsons Engineering of Castlemaine.
At the beginning of 1968 the foundry commenced operation at its present site in Newlands Road Coburg.
1969 began a new era with Byron-Jackson Pumps USA a division of Borg Warner International acquiring control of Thompsons Engineering and Davies & Baird.
Foreign control continued through various owners including BTR-Nylex, Invensys and Flowserve until the completion of the sale to CastCorp.