Foundry Industry Energy Efficiency Information Grant; Support Program (FIEE)
Through the Federal Government’s Department of Climate Change & Energy Efficiency the AFI (in partnership with 2XE & CAST), has been awarded an Energy Efficiency Information Grant.
This is a very exciting program for the AFI & ADCA that will offer members:
- A range of tools and support materials that will provide a “Do It Yourself” energy efficiency toolkit including a ‘step-by-step’ guide to help businesses undertake energy efficiency assessments within their foundry/casting facility and identify opportunities within their facility to improve efficiency;
- A ‘step-by-step’ guide to help each business assess the impacts, costs and benefits of identified efficiency opportunities;
- A ‘step-by-step’ guide to help each business assess their own internal capability (e.g. staff training requirements, engaging suppliers, managing implementation strategy, monitoring progress) for adopting the energy efficiency opportunities identified and assessed using the guides available.
- Assist decision makers to be more informed and develop business plans for a more efficient and cost saving future.
- The toolkit will consist of supporting materials (guides, templates and checklists) to assist businesses identify, assess and implement energy efficiency equipment improvements.
In support of the toolkit the AFI will be updating our website with a FIEE web portal providing:
- An electronic, (downloadable) version of the toolkit;
- Supporting case studies of foundry/casting businesses adopting energy efficiency improvements;
- Links/access to useful reports, reference documents, relevant websites and other resources;
- Links/access to useful audio/visual materials;
- Links/access to service providers and consulting support;
- Notification of events and news relating to the FIEE and other related programs; and
- Quarterly articles, mail outs and news items related to the FIEE project (for businesses that register for the service).
In addition to the toolkit, web portal and support materials we will also be offering AFI members level one energy audits providing ‘one-to-one’ energy efficiency support to asset them apply the tools and resources within the DIY Energy Efficiency Toolkit. These Audits are at no charge to the foundry and die casting business.
From September 2012 – Commence Level One Audits with ten foundries to ‘beta test’ the toolkit.
March 2013 – Launch Toolkit and Web Portal.
April 2013 – Round One Peer Group Industry Engagement Workshops across each Capital city.
May 2013 – Commence Level One Energy Audits with AFI and ADCA members.
March 2014 – Round Two Peer Group Industry Engagement Workshops across each Capital City.
June 2014 – Industry Surveys; Post project auditing report.
If you would like any information about this program and/or would like to register for a level one energy audit * please contact the AFI National Secretary via our enquiry page (or on mobile 0419 847 395). Additional information will also be available at the AFI National Conference to be held in Coogee, NSW 21-24 October 2012 (http://wired.ivvy.com/event/HT4WNP/).
* Audits are available to AFI & ADCA members.